- Mark your calendar for July 17.
- Figure out whether you want to build your boat on-site at the event or take some extra time to put it together beforehand.
- Get together your team. On-site build teams should have two to four people. Off-site build has no limit on the number of team members. All teams have to have a least one person who is 18 or older. We recommend recruiting children (12 and above) to be your paddler. After all, if someone’s going to sink, it might as well be a kid. (Don’t worry. The pond is not deep and the fire department will be on-hand in a boat in case a quick rescue is needed.)
- Complete an application. You can download one here. You'll also need a parental waiver for children under 18 who will be paddling.
- If you’re doing an off-site build, you will need to collect cardboard from the DeWitt Township offices ahead of time.
- Get creative with your boat!
- Have fun!
Prizes will be given for fastest times completing the course, as well as for most creative design for both on-site and off-site builds.